Re: [Xen-devel] Testing xen-arm on Arndale

I would appreciate if you could send emails in plain text, rather than
html.

On Wed, 3 Apr 2013, See-Hwan Yoo wrote:
> Hello,ÂI am trying to run with xen-arm.Â
> Following through the Wiki's instruction, I've launched dom0, and trying to
> run domU.
> xl create dom1 generates the following message.Â
> Can somebody tell me what is going on?
> * dom1 configuration is as follows:
>
> kernel = "/root/zImage.domU"
> memory = 64
> name = "uBuntU"
> vcpus = 1
> disk = [ 'phy:/dev/loop0,xvda,w' ]
>
> ----
> libxl: error: libxl_create.c:423:libxl__domain_make: domain creation fail
> libxl: error: libxl_create.c:651:initiate_domain_create: cannot make domain:
> -3
> libxl: error: libxl.c:1377:libxl__destroy_domid: non-existant domain -1
> libxl: error: libxl.c:1341:domain_destroy_callback: unable to destroy guest
> with domid 4294967295
> libxl: error: libxl_create.c:1215:domcreate_destruction_cb: unable to destroy
> domain 4294967295 following failed creation

Please post the output of

xl -vvv create /path/to/vm_file

the -vvv enables all the debugging output in libxl and should give us a
pretty good idea of why it failed.

> One additional question) How do you debug with ARM-ve?

If you are using the emulator, they have a version of it that includes a
debugger. If you are using the real hardware, you can use the jtag port
to connect an hardware debugger.
In both cases you can type ctrl-a three times on the serial to get the
menu of debugging commands from Xen.
Of course you can also add more printk's to figure out what's happening.