Re: [Xen-devel] Any plan to support disk driver domain?

On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 7:54 PM, Roger Pau Monné <roger.pau@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 04/04/13 12:26, G.R. wrote:
> > Hi developers,
> > I'm currently running a PVHVM freeNAS domU to serve storage (SATA
> > controller passed-through) to all other domUs. However, some issues are
> > observed in the network / NFS performance for the NAS domU.
> > I noticed that there is a blkback driver in freebsd which is documented
> > as capable to export disk to other domains, which looks very promising.
> > However, the wiki says that disk driver domain is not supported (at
> > least for now).
> >
> > I wonder if there is any plan to support such disk driver domain? It'll
> > be a great feature for my use case.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Timothy
>
> Hello,
>
> Driver domain support is indeed planed for libxl/xl, most kernels out
> there already have driver domain capabilities, it's just a matter of
> creating a protocol to communicate between Dom0 and the Driver domain,
> so the driver domain knows which devices it has to attach and to which
> guest.

Hi Roger,

According to the wiki, such protocol is already available for the case
of NIC emulation.
Is the disk driver domain actively in development now? Or is it just
on the plan?
Any estimation on schedule (e.g. targeted release) will be great.

Thanks,
Timothy