Re: [Xen-devel] Enabling networking at domU (xen on arndale)

On Mon, 8 Apr 2013, Sengul Thomas wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to enable networking at domU in xen on arndale, and my
> first goal is to run network-backend at dom0.
>
> While I was doing this, I noticed network-backend driver tries to find
> a device from xenbus, and xenbus reads device info from xenstore.
> However, xenstore does not contain virtual interface (vif) as backend
> device at the moment:
>
>     root@localhost:~# xenstore-ls /local/domain/0/backend | grep -v "^ "
>     console = ""
>     vbd = ""
>
> Now, I'm stuck and could you tell me how to add vif into xenstored
> (backend directory)?

If you add:

vif = [ 'bridge=xenbr0' ]

to the VM config file, xl should automatically create all the xenstore
entries for you.

Of course you need to actually create the bridge in dom0 and make sure
that the new vif interface is added to the bridge in order for the network
to actually work.