Re: [Xen-devel] libxl: hotplug scripts and backend_domid != 0

On Thu, 2013-04-04 at 16:45 +0100, Marek Marczykowski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Currently when using backend outside of dom0 (for at least one device) libxl
> force udev call method of hotplug scripts for entire system.

Roger, do you remember why? Was it just because this change was
relatively late in the 4.2 cycle and we were being conservative?

>  Maybe this can be
> changed to:
> a) if backend_domid==0, proceed according to run_hotplug_scipts
> b) if backend_domid!=0, ignore run_hotplug_scipts and always use udev
> ?
>
> Does it sound sensible?

It does, although we are now relatively late in the 4.3 cycle so I'm not
sure it would be appropriate. George?

I think Roger is intending to implement a new scheme for driver domains
etc in 4.4, which may make this particular issue disappear anyway.