Re: [Xen-devel] High CPU temp, suspend problem - xen 4.1.5-pre, linux 3.7.x

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 12:51 AM, konrad wilk <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> 3. ACPI C-states are only present for CPU0 (after resume of course),
>>> fixed by
>>> "xen: Re-upload processor PM data to hypervisor after S3" patch by Ben,
>>> but it
>>> isn't in upstream linux (nor Konrad's acpi-s3 branches).
>>
>> I don't recall seeing any ACK / NAK from Konrad on this.
>>
>> Original post:
>> https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/2033981/
>>
>> Konrad - do you have any thoughts about incorporating this into a
>> future merge window?
>

> Hey Ben,
> I seem to have missed it.
> I think the patch is missing a change to pr_backup->acpi_id = i, otherwise
> it would resend
> the C-states with the same APIC ID. Also the upstream version does
> kfree(pr_backup) at some point.

Hmm. I'll look into this, and re-submit.

> But more importantly, do you know why it is needed? Is Xen hypervisor
> "loosing" this information because they go offline and then they are onlined
> again?

It was a while ago...the first of a number of 4.2 S3 related
performance issues that we chasing reports from users / automated QA
that the end result was "slow performance on S3 in XP"

As it turns out - this didn't fix the performance problem...but it
also didn't seem right.

I'm not sure if it is because the non-boot cpus are offlined...but it
would seem to make logical sense.

Ben