Re: [Xen-devel] High CPU temp, suspend problem - xen 4.1.5-pre, linux 3.7.x

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 7:57 AM, Jan Beulich <JBeulich@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> So I understand there is a patch dealing with this, but I'm not clear
>>> whether that's known to break CPU pools?
>>
>> All cpus will end up in cpu pool 0 after S3.
>> I'm not sure that is "broken" - but it probably isn't ideal either.
>>
>> IMO - it is better than the alternative state...but Juergen seems to
>> disagree.
>
> But it can't be that difficult to save/restore pool association on top
> of said patch?

I took a brief look, in the hopes of taking a similar tack as with the
vcpu affinity restoration.
However, it seems to be a slightly more difficult problem.
In the vcpu affinity, there was an existing structure to stash away
the information we needed after resume.

In a pcpu, there is no such associated metadata...the SMP processor id
is just an integer.
So - where would we store the pool information temporarily across the
S3 process?

Ben