Re: [Xen-devel] Bug: Windows 2003 fails to install on xen-unstable tip

On 16/04/13 16:24, Ren, Yongjie wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of George Dunlap
Sent: Tuesday, April 16, 2013 10:22 PM
To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Dong, Eddie; Tim Deegan; Suravee Suthikulpanit
Subject: [Xen-devel] Bug: Windows 2003 fails to install on xen-unstable tip

The other day I just happened to try to install Windows 2003 on
xen-unstable tip.  After booting the CD and copying the files, the
whole thing stops at "Setup is starting Windows".

64bit or 32bit Windows 2003?
We already covered 64bit Windows 2003 guest booting on Intel hardware in
our auto testing system.
(Of course, no installation is covered in our auto testing.)
That booting case passed with changeset 26783 in xen-unstable tree.
BTW, we use pure upstream QEMU.

This is 32-bit -- it's Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition SP2, 32-bit. I just tried the 64-bit install and it does the same thing.

Win7 32-bit seems to work as well.

 -George