Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.3 development update CODE FREEZE HAS_BEGUN

On 18/04/13 15:50, Roger Pau Monne wrote:
On 18/04/13 13:30, Stefano Stabellini wrote:
On Tue, 16 Apr 2013, George Dunlap wrote:
* Rationalized backend scripts
   owner: roger@citrix
   status: libxl hotplug sumbmitted.  Protocol still needs to be finalized.
   prognosis: Good
OK

* Scripts for driver domains (depends on backend scripts)
   owner: roger@citrix
   status:
   prognosis: Fair
Are there going to make 4.3?
Regarding "Rationalized backend scripts", or what I usually call new
libxl hotplug interface, I think it could make it to 4.3. Here is a
small list about the pros/cons of taking that from my POV:

Cons:
  - Touches generic device addition/removal code, and domain
creation/destruction.

  - It introduces a new interface that is well defined and that we plan
to support, we have to be sure the interface is right.

Pros:
  - All the code touched is exercised every time a domain/device is
created/destroyed, so the test system should be able to detect any
problems with that easily.

OK, why don't we check it in, and if it seems to be causing carnage we'll revert it.

I'll reply to the series with an ack.

 -George