Re: [Xen-devel] Right MAC address to PXE boot Arndale board

On 05/02/2013 10:21 AM, Ian Campbell wrote:

> On Wed, 2013-05-01 at 23:13 +0100, Birin Sanchez wrote:
>> Hi Xen-devel community!!

Hi birin,

>> I'm new to xen development (not new to Xen ;) ). I'm learning the
>> Xen internals and playing with Xen ARM so bear with me if I say/ask
>>  something silly.
>>
>> I have a Arndale board and following the wiki instructions for PXE
>> boot here:
>>
>> http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_ARMv7_with_Virtualization_Extensions/Arndale#Booting_via_PXE
>>

>>MAC address is hard-coded in U-Boot binary. The only MAC address
>> that will work is "00:40:5c:26:0a:5b".
>
> Likewise it is wrong to hardcode a macaddress if CONFIG_PREBOOT is
> set.
>
> I notice that mainline u-boot.git[0] doesn't have this code, so I
> expect it is a Linaro u-boot special. Perhaps Anthony or Julien can
> recommend where the bug report should go.
>
> [0] git://git.denx.de/u-boot.git

Thanks for the report. In fact, Linaro has already an updated git with a
similar patch.

https://git.linaro.org/gitweb?p=boot/u-boot-linaro-stable.git;a=commit;h=b4eb22a60d15240d280785df7948448824d86fe5

I think you can use this repository instead of the one on the wiki page.
I asked Linaro if it's possible to update the wiki page.

Cheers,

--
Julien