Re: [Xen-devel] PCI passthrough problems after legacy update of xen 4.1

>>> On 03.05.13 at 15:31, Andreas Falck <falck.andreas.lists@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Sorry, I'll stick to xen-devel then, even though I am not on the list (I
> can change the latter of course).
>
> Since I run xen 4.1 (specifically the precompiled 4.1.3-3ubuntu1.5) I guess
> I cannot apply Andrew's patch directly (unless the file hasn't changed
> between the versions)? But I could probably figure out where in the
> 4.1.3-3ubuntu1.5 sources to insert the code from the patch, if I compile it
> from source.

Andrew's patch alone won't tell us anything new. We need
instrumentation in the physdev_map_pirq() path for the problem
you're seeing now.

> I can do some more testing throughout the weekend. Could you give me some
> directions on what I should test, which logs and info to provide, and how
> to maximize debug output from tools and from the hypervisor. That would
> maximize my chances to get the relevant information. I guess that at a
> minimum we want a failing and a succeding case with and without the change
> in pciif.py?
>
> 'xm dmesg' didn't show me anything unusual when testing, but that was
> without any added debug-keys.

That's odd - at least when you saw the -EEXIST I would have expect
some extra message to be there (because the only place where this
error gets returned in physdev.c has an accompanying message).
Please check again after adding "loglvl=all guest_loglvl=all".

Jan