Re: [Xen-devel] xsa46-4.2.patch breaks PCI passthrough?

On 6/05/2013 5:15 PM, Jan Beulich wrote:
On 05.05.13 at 12:53, Steven Haigh <netwiz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Debug log is now attached to the bug report. Its a little large to
attach here.

http://xen.crc.id.au/bugs/file_download.php?file_id=13&type=bug

(XEN) **DBG perms { 16, 1 } = 0

I'm surprised by this if the test was done without the xend
adjustment, whereas this

(XEN) **DBG perms { 34, 1 } = -22
(XEN)  Domain 2, nr_pirqs 80
(XEN)  dom_pirq_to_irq(34) = 0

is expected without a prior physdev_map_pirq() invocation. I'm
meanwhile guessing that there might be a second place in xend
where under some condition that call is being issued - that could
also explain the -EEXIST observed with the xend adjustment in
place.

I'll be the first to admit that this is beyond my knowledge in Xen at this low a level... Is there anything I can do to help debugging progress?

Is there any more information you need from the original bug reporter?

--
Steven Haigh

Email: netwiz@xxxxxxxxx
Web: https://www.crc.id.au