Re: [Xen-devel] Is: paravirt docs and diet. Was:Re: [Lguest] lguest: unhandled trap 13 and CONFIG_MICROCODE_INTEL_EARLY

On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 10:19:16AM -0700, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> On 05/10/2013 07:51 AM, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:
> > I hope it is clear that there is no resistance from me in this diet-program.
> > The issue I face to help you are the same you do: priority - those merge
> > windows,
> > darn bugs, regressions, etc.
>
> Of course.  Ultimately, we don't want to break things.  I would like to
> see the Xen community more committed to a roadmap toward killing PV in
> favor of HVM or what you call hybrid.

I think that there is broad agreement both that we want to move in
that direction, and also that a migration will take time to realize.

When you say "more committed," are you thinking of a declared
schedule? Or perhaps more visible progress toward that goal?

--msw