Re: [Xen-devel] Suspicious URL:Re: Xen 4.3 development update

> > The gplpv-no-patchtpr times are comparable to the times booting without
> > gplpv drivers.  So the patchtpr seems to work pretty well. This is WinXP
> > SP3, with whatever version we use for testing in XenServer.  Possible,
> > as you say, that newer patches break things.
>
> Hmm, but booting the same image on an Intel box (with /patchtpr) causes
> the VM to crash at boot. :-(  Seems to work fine w/o the switch though.

What sort of crash are you getting? I managed to round up an Intel box and
tested it and xp blows up before it even gets a chance to log anything to
/var/log/xen/qemu-dm-<domu>.log, even with no /patchtpr, but my intel box is
running 4.2.0 (from debian experimental) while my amd box is running 4.1.2
(from debian wheezy), so maybe there is something in that. Did I see a thread
about 2003 failing recently? Win 2012 seems to work just fine.

James