[Xen-devel] bison/flex version requirements

  • To: "xen-devel" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Jan Beulich" <JBeulich@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 14:44:28 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 13 May 2013 13:44:47 +0000

Updates to the .l/.y files under tools/libxl/ over the last month lead
to the unfortunate situation that libxl failed to build on my SLE10
systems. Looking at README at the root of the tree doesn't reveal
anything but the fact that the two utilities are required (i.e. in
particular there's no mini,mum version specified), and the common
ground for utility versions so far was what RHEL5 and SLE10
provide.

While, with some hassle, I was able to work around that by building
newer m4, bison, and flex versions, the situation currently is clearly
in need of improvement.

Jan