Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.3 development update RC2 imminent

On 20/05/13 12:16, Ian Campbell wrote:
On Mon, 2013-05-20 at 12:09 +0100, George Dunlap wrote:
I think long-term we probably want to sort out the "right" way to do
this -- ideally I think we'd like there to be a "config on next reboot"
that one could manipulate while the VM is running -- manually changing
such things as the number of vcpus or amount of memory, automatically
updating things like the cdrom and the mac address.
We already have the manual version via "xl config-update", but that's
really just a workaround for the cdrom/mac address issues.

Then is the problem:
1. The randomly generated mac is not being stored automatically in the config?
2. The mac is being clobbered when re-loading the config file on reboot?

If it's #1, it seems like it should be relatively straightforward to sort out.

 -George