[Xen-devel] EL6 initscript feedback.

  • To: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Steven Haigh <netwiz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 13:01:48 +1000
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 21 May 2013 03:02:47 +0000

Hi all,

I'm throwing in my initscript here that I've been pushing to autostart xen domains on system boot.

There are at least one issue right now that I'm not 100% sure how to handle - and that is domains created by libvirt. These continue to show in an xm/xl list output even when they are not paused / running / blocked - causing my initscript to think they are still running.

The ways I can think of detecting this are *very* hacky and I wouldn't feel comfortable to including them in widely used packages.

I'm wondering if people have some spare time that they review the logic in this initscript and provide feedback / suggestions / fixes / improvements that I can roll into the scripts to enhance them for all.

Thanks.

--
Steven Haigh

Email: netwiz@xxxxxxxxx