Re: [Xen-devel] Xen-unstable 32bit build broken on 64bit systems with multiarch

On Thu, 2013-05-23 at 10:39 +0100, Andrew Cooper wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Trying to build 32bit tools on a 64bit multiarch system (Debian Wheezy
> in my case) fails.

I'm not sure that multiarch is actually quite ready for cross building
in the "biarch" -m32 manner, I think til now they have mostly
concentrated on being able to cross install runtime packages and proper
cross building (i.e. with $triplet-gcc not gcc -m32).

This is all based on vague observations on e.g. Debian devel and not
something I'm 100% sure on.

> $ make XEN_TARGET_ARCH=x86_32 -j4
[...]
> I suspect that the issue is the lack of an -m32 for
>
> gcc    -Wl,-soname -Wl,libxenctrl.so.4.0 -shared -o libxenctrl.so.4.0.0
> xc_core.opic xc_core_x86.opic xc_cpupool.opic xc_domain.opic
> xc_evtchn.opic xc_gnttab.opic xc_misc.opic xc_flask.opic xc_physdev.opic
> xc_private.opic xc_sedf.opic xc_csched.opic xc_csched2.opic
> xc_arinc653.opic xc_tbuf.opic xc_pm.opic xc_cpu_hotplug.opic
> xc_resume.opic xc_tmem.opic xc_mem_event.opic xc_mem_paging.opic
> xc_mem_access.opic xc_memshr.opic xc_hcall_buf.opic
> xc_foreign_memory.opic xtl_core.opic xtl_logger_stdio.opic
> xc_pagetab.opic xc_linux.opic xc_linux_osdep.opic -ldl -lpthread
>
> I have tried a few ideas but not managed to get a successful build.
> Does anyone with more knowledge in this area have any suggestions?

What happens if you add the -m32? Do the error messages differ?

Ian.