Re: [Xen-devel] Xen on ARM DT based boot protocol

On 23/05/13 13:39, Stefano Stabellini wrote:
Hi Ian,
Andre was pointing out to me today that the current boot protocol has a
problem:

chosen {
               bootargs = "dom0_mem=128M console=com1,vga";
               xen,dom0-bootargs = "earlyprintk=xenboot console=ttyAMA1
root=/dev/mmcblk0 debug rw init=/bin/bash";
};

because we are using bootargs for Xen arguments, the bootloader cannot
just pass the same two lines to Xen on ARM and to Linux on ARM.
It would make their life easier if we had instead:

chosen {
               xen,xen-bootarg = "dom0_mem=128M console=com1,vga";
               bootargs = "earlyprintk=xenboot console=ttyAMA1 root=/dev/mmcblk0
debug rw init=/bin/bash";
};

Are we still on time to make this change on 4.3?

Is this just an ARM-specific thing, or would it affect x86 as well?

The state of the ARM port when we do the release is up to you guys, so I'm fine with whatever. ARM is still tech-preview anyway, right? No promises (yet) that the interface won't change? So whichever interface you chose, if it turns out to be the wrong one, you can change it for 4.4 if necessary.

 -George