Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.3 development update RC2 imminent

On 23/05/13 16:10, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:
On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 04:58:05PM +0200, Fabio Fantoni wrote:
        For now with sse, sse2 and sse3 disabled the performance is very very
        low (even without qxl), while performances are acceptables with SSE.
        I got the same results with qxl card and qxl driver loaded, but now at
        least X and qemu didn't crash.

      Sorry, same result as what?  Does the X driver work or not?

    X qxl driver works with sse disabled (tried also with the correct sse4.1
    and sse4.2 on cpuid) but performance are too bad, even without qxl,
    therefore it seems that the performance problem is only due to sse being
    disabled.

It's good to hear QXL actually works with Xen qemu-upstream,
(in the future) when the SSE issue is fixed!

How about Anthony's patch for QXL.. Is that OK for for Xen 4.3,
or should that wait for 4.4 ?

Unless qxl is useable with sse2 disabled, there's no benefit to having the QXL fix in 4.3. The only reason Anthony might do it is to be able to take it off his queue of things to do later -- I would leave it to his discretion.

 -George