[Xen-devel] VMCS Shadowing

  • To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: enrico canzonieri <canzonie@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 May 2013 21:17:17 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 26 May 2013 19:18:06 +0000

Hi,
currently I am working on Xen because I am very interested in virtualization technologies and I want to learn more about their hypervisors internals. I would like to contribute at Xen community as developer.

Looking at Intel software developer's manual I came across with VMCS shadowing.
I would understand when it is used in Xen and with what advantages.
Is it really useful for nested virtualization?

Regards,
Enrico