Re: [Xen-devel] xencov split script / update

On Fri, 2013-05-24 at 14:28 +1200, Matthew Daley wrote:
> On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 1:51 AM, Frediano Ziglio
> <frediano.ziglio@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Thu, 2013-05-23 at 12:40 +1200, Matthew Daley wrote:
> >> Hi Frediano,
> >>
> >> I'm looking at updating the xencov subsystem so that it supports the
> >> new gcov structures compiled in by the latest GCC (
> >> http://gcc.gnu.org/viewcvs/gcc/trunk/gcc/gcov-io.h?r1=173147&r2=181105
> >> ).
> >>
> >> To this end, it'd be good to have the splitting script that you wrote
> >> ( http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2013-02/msg00053.html )
> >> included in the Xen repo (ie. tools/misc), so that it can be similarly
> >> updated to output the newer .gcda format GCC tools now expect. I
> >> currently use my own intermediate data format along with a Python
> >> script, but I'd like to use your Perl one if possible.
> >>
> >> - Matthew Daley
> >
> > Hi,
> >   you are quite lucky, I was working on this stuff some days ago, I'll
> > send the mail.
>
> Thanks. Just to confirm, does that mean you're working on updating the
> structure/gcda version too, or is that still up for grabs? :)

I checked with a gcc 4.6 compiler (-S option and looks at generated
assembly) and the internal structured used by gcc are still the same. It
seems that libgcov.h points to structures used by the tool library and
object internal structures and .gcda structures are not changed.

Frediano