Re: [Xen-devel] [BUG] xen-kbdfront.c

On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 02:13:15PM +0300, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:
> On Sun, May 26, 2013 at 05:12:54PM -0400, Dominic Russell wrote:
> >    Hello,
> >
> >    By trying to find a workaround for the mouse â**unsyncâ** in VNC, I
> >    noticed that the mouse, even if the resolution has been changed by a
> >    .video argument on the kernel, was only moving in a 800x600 window.
> >
> >    It must be due to those lines of code in xen-kbdfront.c (taken from
> >    kernel-3.9.1) :
> >
> >      input_set_abs_params(ptr, ABS_X, 0, XENFB_WIDTH, 0, 0);
> >      input_set_abs_params(ptr, ABS_Y, 0, XENFB_HEIGHT, 0, 0);
> >
> >    If the resolution has been overridden by a kernel argument, the width and
> >    height should be taken from those arguments also, not from the
> >    constants...
> >

> Feel free to send a patch :)
>
> http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Submitting_Xen_Patches

That does look like a bug. And to further compound it - the xen-fbfront is
the one for which the 'video' parameters are altered. Which means that
xen-fbfront needs to export said parameter so that xen-kbdfront can use it.

Yikes. Oh, great:

133 /*

134  * Wart: xenkbd needs to know default resolution.  Put it here until a

135  * better solution is found, but don't leak it to the backend.

136  */

Wart indeed.

Dominic, would you be interested in making a patch for this? The one mechanism
by which I think this might work is by
1). changing 'video' in the xen-fbfront to 'xenfb_video' to at least not
conflict
    with other symbols
2). make it an EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL
3). stick the structure (video) in a the fbif.h and also the decleration.
4). use that in xen-kbdfront.
5). fiddle with the Kconfig file as need to make xen-kbdfornt depends on
xen-fbfront.