Re: [Xen-devel] FreeBSD PVHVM call for testing

On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 3:43 PM, Outback Dingo <outbackdingo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I wrote a blog post specifically for installing 10-CURRENT from a snapshot ISO and getting bootstrapped
from there, to help the Google Summer of Code Student that I am mentoring.
What specifically do you want to be backported to 9-STABLE?

Yes Ive seen the post, however we have a hard requirement for 9-STABLE for some development work we are
currently involved in. And I would prefer not to move our current infrastructure for development to CURRENT.
A major portion of our development environment is based on XEN for testing and development.
Therefor we realize PVHM is a work in progress, and we have built some  VMs from it, they run exceptionally
well, However our build environments refuse to build 9-STABLE on CURRENT PVHVM, or 10-CURRENT.
Lastly Im sure theres a ton of users who would like to see this in 9.x or 9-STABLE

OK, I misunderstood you since you responded in the thread and quoted some of my post.
My blog post has nothing relevant to Xen and PVHM, and is specific to setting up
a Google Summer of Code student on a 10-CURRENT environment.  The FreeBSD Xen
and PVHM developers will need to provide the details about their plans to merge their changes to the 9-STABLE branch.....
that's something which I am not familiar with.

--
Craig