Re: [Xen-devel] Very strange behavior between balloon driver and network driver (Arndale)

On Wed, 2013-05-29 at 11:57 +0000, Jaeyong Yoo wrote:

> >This needs to be a Xen argument, not a dom0 kernel argument.
> Ah! got it.
>

> >That said I thought that privcmd mmapbatch put back the original page,
> >perhaps I am mistaken here though.
> >
> >>   - create domU with config autoballoon="off"
> >
> >>You put this in /etc/xen/xl.conf, not the guest config, correct?
>
> Yes.
>
> I guess the current work-around solution would be commenting out
> the following two lines, very nasty and introduces memory leak though.
> Memory leak gives more time than network error for testing xen on Arndale  :)

The kernel should reuse ballooned out pages where possible rather than
creating more so the leak is probably limited. Not ideal though.

I suspect the real answer is that the 1:1 workaround needs to be
cleverer when dom0 decreases and increases its reservation...