Re: [Xen-devel] XL low memory

See the comments in domain_build.c above parse_dom0_mem for details:

http://tinyurl.com/pdtjje9

/*
 * dom0_mem=[min:<min_amt>,][max:<max_amt>,][<amt>]
 *
 * <min_amt>: The minimum amount of memory which should be allocated for dom0.
 * <max_amt>: The maximum amount of memory which should be allocated for dom0.
 * <amt>:     The precise amount of memory to allocate for dom0.
 *
 * Notes:
 *  1. <amt> is clamped from below by <min_amt> and from above by available
 *     memory and <max_amt>
 *  2. <min_amt> is clamped from above by available memory and <max_amt>
 *  3. <min_amt> is ignored if it is greater than <max_amt>
 *  4. If <amt> is not specified, it is calculated as follows:
 *     "All of memory is allocated to domain 0, minus 1/16th which is reserved
 *      for uses such as DMA buffers (the reservation is clamped to 128MB)."
 *
 * Each value can be specified as positive or negative:
 *  If +ve: The specified amount is an absolute value.
 *  If -ve: The specified amount is subtracted from total available memory.
 */

min:XXX will not be ballooned lower than specified.