Re: [Xen-devel] [Xen-users] FreeBSD PVHVM call for testing

(dropping the BSD lists & xen-users, adding Konrad)

On Wed, 2013-05-29 at 19:03 +0200, Roger Pau Monné wrote:
> Thanks Matt and Colin for the testing and help! I've pushed yet another
> version, now it's branch pvhvm_v12, which I *think* should solve the
> issues with cpuid != acpi_id:
>
> http://xenbits.xen.org/gitweb/?p=people/royger/freebsd.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/pvhvm_v12
>
> Since I'm not able to reproduce the cpuid != acpi_id case, could you
> give it a try and report the results?

Konrad,

Might this same problem be related to the issue you saw doing PVHVM VCPU
hotplug which you mentioned the other day?

In general for HVM I suppose there isn't a strict relationship between
the CPU number the kernel chooses for a CPU (which is somewhat
arbitrarily up to the kernel) and the hypervisors VCPU number (which is
exposed via the virtual APIC ID).

Ian.