Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.3 development update -- RC3 willo be an actual candidate, please test

On Thu, 30 May 2013, George Dunlap wrote:
> * qemu-upstream MMIO hole issue
>  > http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2013-03/msg00559.html
>  > "You can reproduce it when a VM has a big pci hole size (such as
>    512MB), e.g. create a VM with a virtual device which has a 512MB
>    pci BAR."
>  priority: high
>  status: Plan to make MMIO hole same size as qemu-trad for release,
>    then fix it properly for 4.4

Patch sent to qemu-devel, I commit a backport to qemu-xen in a matter of
days. The patch won't fix the problem entirely but it is going to make
qemu-xen on par with qemu-xen-traditional.

> * qemu-upstream not freeing pirq
>  > http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/xen/devel/281498
>  priority: high
>  status: patches posted

RFC patch sent, I don't think this bug should be considered a blocker.
Given that this issue is present since Xen 4.2 and older, it might not
even be appropriate to try to fix it at this stage of the release cycle.