Re: [Xen-devel] xen-netback stable backports request (regression fixes)

On Fri, 2013-05-31 at 15:45 +0200, William Dauchy wrote:
> On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 3:20 PM, William Dauchy <wdauchy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I applied the patches on a 3.4.x kernel.
> > for netback I had to include:
> > 9eaee8b xen-netback: fix sparse warning
> > which I guess is ok to include in 3.4
> >
> > for netfront, as Luis said, I also add to include:
> > f36c374 xen/netfront: handle compound page fragments on transmit
> > which is not a simple patch.
>
> at the end, it is not really clever to include f36c374 in 3.4.x since
> 6a8ed46 xen: netback: handle compound page fragments on transmit.
> is not present in netback for 3.4.x

Right, that would be my thinking too, although the patch should be
"harmless" (i.e. it should work fine with non-compound frags) its not
totally trivial so unless the backport of f36c374 is made especially
hard without it its likely not worth the risk.

> at least the netback part is ok for me.

Thanks,
Ian.