Re: [Xen-devel] HVM Migration of domU on Qemu-upstream DM causes stuck system clock with ACPI

George,

--On 3 June 2013 12:16:45 +0100 George Dunlap <george.dunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Right -- it seems to be working for me too.  I'm on migrate #52, and
there hasn't been a single warning from Linux's clock code about
increasing min_delay.

Diana / Alex: It looks like we might have a work-around for you. Diana,
would it be possible for you to do the following:
  1. Add tsc_mode="native_paravirt" to your config file
  2. Try it again localhost migrate to see if you run into any problems
  3. Try it again migrating between machines, just to make sure we've
solved the important problem

Thanks for this.

Will this work with all guests? We (unfortunately) do not know whether the
guest is Linux with or without PV, Windows with or without PV or what. I
/think/ this is going to give problems when the guest is not using
the PV timer (including Windows). Is that right?

I'd be happiest if it selected native_paravirt whenever the guest was
using the PV timer, but not otherwise. Happy to test patches for that.

--
Alex Bligh