Re: [Xen-devel] [ARM] Bash often segfaults in Dom0 with the latest Xen

On 06/05/2013 07:17 PM, Christoffer Dall wrote:

> On 5 June 2013 11:01, Stefano Stabellini
> <stefano.stabellini@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> It indicates a bug in Xen then. Curious that it only happens for user
>>> space in dom0, but perhaps you just haven't seen it in the kernel yet.
>>> Bash scripts are pretty intensive on page faults so perhaps there's a
>>> synchronization issue with some of your page fault handlers.
>>>
>>> You could try to touch all the memory inside dom0 (dd to a ramfs for
>>> example) and then run your bash script and see if the problem still
>>> occurs, that should point you to whether it's a stage-2 fault handling
>>> issue, but this is not a fool-proof approach. Maybe Xen can
>>> pre-allocate all the stage-2 entries?
>>
>> Xen pre-allocates all the memory for stage-2 entries (no overcommit or
>> populate on demand by default)
>
> what was the conclusion when pinning the vcpu to dedicated pcpus - did
> the error still show up?

If I have 2 pCPU (CPU 0 and CPU 2) and 1 vCPU which is moving every 2
second between the pCPUs, Linux will freeze each time the vcpu is
running on CPU 1. I'm not sure why, perhaps another issue.

As Stefano advised me, I will setup the debugger on the arndale tomorrow
and see if I can find something.

--
Julien