Re: [Xen-devel] libxl: calculating free pages in libvirt

On gio, 2013-06-06 at 15:50 -0600, Jim Fehlig wrote:
> Dario Faggioli wrote:
> > On gio, 2013-06-06 at 14:59 +0100, Ian Campbell wrote:
> >> This only really matters if libvirt wants to coexist on a host with
> >> toolstacks which use claim, otherwise outstanding pages will never be
> >> non-zero. I don't know if coexistence is a goal or not.
> >>

> > Sure, all this is important only if having it is
> > important/interesting... Jim?
> >

> It would be preferable if libvirt and xl coexisted nicely.  No need for
> them to inter-operate (e.g. start a vm with libvirt then manage it with
> xl), but managing some with xl and others with libvirt should be a goal,
> I think :-/.  If nothing else, it seems useful for troubleshooting.  I
> wouldn't want to advise a user to try xl when things are failing for
> them with libvirt, only to find that afterwards their libvirt no longer
> worked at all.

Mmm... I'm not entirely sure I understand what you mean by this, but
anyway, I just submitted a patch to libxl adding the symbol necessary to
determine whether that field is present or not.

If it gets accepted, I can then patch libvirt to use it, within the
proper #ifdef...#endif block, of course.

Thanks everyone and Regards,
Dario