Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.3 development update

George Dunlap writes ("Re: Xen 4.3 development update"):
> On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 5:04 PM, George Dunlap
> <George.Dunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > * XSA-55
> >   status: v6 posted
> >   priority: blocker (?)
>
> How is this series coming -- is it likely to be checked in sometime in
> the next few days?

We're still short of review.  Most recently the series expanded
following some further reports from the reporter, Matthew Daley.

> Alternately -- how many patches on this list are addressing
> theoretical things an evil compiler *might* do, and how many are
> addressing observed bugs?  Would focusing on observed bugs speed up
> the process at all?

I don't think it would.  Mostly the perhaps-theoretical considerations
influence the choice of fix approach, rather than being dealt with in
individual patches.

The main exception is the signed/unsigned patch.  We haven't actually
found any specific miscompilations of our code without that patch, but
we haven't looked.  I have seen reports of security-relevant
miscompilations of other code with similar "issues".

Ian.