Re: [Xen-devel] [Hackathon Minutes] Xen 4.4 Planning

On Fri, 14 Jun 2013 11:45:52 +0100, "Jan Beulich" <JBeulich@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 14.06.13 at 11:59, Lars Kurth <lars.kurth.xen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I also wanted to add to the point that Alex has made on serious bugs in xen
vs. kvm : this gets raised regularly by Xen users when I attend
conferences. And I also heard a few times now that we appear to focus more on sexy features rather than the basics. This is relatively new though: the first time I noticed was towards the end of last year. Which does not mean that this is new: it may just mean that top issues/concerns that were frequently raised before (mainly trust in the future of the project) have
disappeared.

I'd really like to see examples of this - there ought to be quite a
few according to what you write, yet I don't seem to recall any
that got plainly ignored. Of course there are always bugs which
take longer than others to figure out and fix.

Not a bug per se, but arguably a relatively important feature; does
the lack of feature to pass multiple USB devices to domU
count as an example of this?

Gordan