Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.3 development update

>>> On 10.06.13 at 18:04, George Dunlap <George.Dunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> == Open bugs ==

While Intel so far hasn't been able to reproduce this, we just now
verified that a problem we've been seeing with our 4.2 code base
(with the APIC virtualization changes backported from -unstable)
on an IvyBridge EP system is also reproducible with 4.3: Win2008
hangs relatives quickly during install, in apparently different ways
when run a single- or multi-vCPU guest.

The fact that Intel hasn't been able to repro this may still be due
to differences in the exact hardware we and they are using (we
can't, e.g., exclude stepping or microcode changes yet), which
we're in the process of eliminating as a factor.

We're also in the process of verifying whether suppressing use of
all the APIC virtualization related hardware features would make
the problem go away. This is not the least because on an IvyBridge
workstation (not having those capabilities) the problem isn't seen
by us.

Jan