Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.3 development update

On Mon, 17 Jun 2013 11:58:23 +0100, George Dunlap <George.Dunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
There are basically two issues we're waiting to sort out (see below
for more info):
 * cpu hotplug in qemu-upsream
 * The MMIO hole issue

Does that mean that the PCI hole mis-map issue is going to be fixed
in 4.3? Or is this a different issue?

I've been thinking about a domU workaround for this. I haven't yet
had a chance to try it due to too many other things happening, but
I was pondering something along the following lines.

For Linux domU, something like memmap=2G$2G on the kernel command
line. For Windows domU, use something like:

bcdedit /set badmemorylist $page1 $page2 ...

to mark the whole 2GB-4GB area as not usable.

It's a gross hack, but it might just get things working for now.

Gordan