Re: [Xen-devel] [Xen-users] xc_hvm_inject_trap() failing for int3 traps under Xen 4.2.2

Hi,

At 21:44 +0000 on 20 Jun (1371764675), Aravindh Puthiyaparambil (aravindp)
wrote:
> > > but the instruction size must be set to 1, at least on 4.2.2 to work
> > > for me.  Here is the patch against RELEASE-4.2.2.
> >
> > Sorry, I wasn't clear: setting it to 1 is certainly an improvement over zero
> > (which is always wrong), but if you're relying on this to be correct you
> > should
> > also handle cases where prefixes make the instruction longer than 1 byte.
>
> I agree this is definitely an improvement. I will try adding the prefix check
> when I get the chance.
>
> > In any case, this tools-side change needs to be acked/nacked by a tools
> > maintainer, and probably Aravindh too.
>
> Acked-by: Aravindh Puthiyaparambil <aravindp@xxxxxxxxx>

Antony, if you want this tools-side patch merged, please send it as a
separate patch, with a description and appropriate Signed-off-by: lines
as described here:

http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Submitting_Xen_Patches

You should add Aravindh's ack, but not mine, and Cc: the tools
maintainers.  If you want this to go in before 4.3, you should also Cc:
George and explain why it fits his release criteria (though I suspect
it's too late now).

Cheers,

Tim.