Re: [Xen-devel] Question about mapping hvm?s memory to dom0

  • To: Kai Luo <kluo@xxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Keir Fraser <keir.xen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2013 06:37:32 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 01 Jul 2013 05:38:12 +0000

The HVM domain is not destroyed while there are still external mappings of its memory.

On 01/07/2013 03:32, "Kai Luo" <kluo@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi:
         I am trying to make some source code modifications to map the hvm memory to dom0,I use the xc_map_foreign_bulk to do this,It works and I export the hvm's memory to a file. My question is,after mapping the memory I use xc_domain_destroy to shutdown the running hvm,theoretically the mapped memory will be scrubbed because xen will scrubbed the hvm's memory before they are freed to xen hyperviser,however I export the mapped memory after destroying hvm,finding the content in mapped memory nearly same as formly exported,they are not scrubbed at all.That confused me.Can you give me any suggestion?

Thank you
Jone