Re: [Xen-devel] [TESTDAY] PV / HVM pass-through works when IOMMU present; weird failures when not

Jan Beulich writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] [TESTDAY] PV / HVM pass-through works when
IOMMU present; weird failures when not"):
> As per the above and the earlier reply I sent, I don't think we
> should release without this fixed. Let me see whether the minimal
> fix I sketched out earlier works...

As I just wrote on IRC (Jan, you seem to have fallen off the channel);

14:08 <Diziet> Re Jan's comments.  To be clear, this isn't a regression
               compared to 4.2, right ?
14:10 <Diziet> I think the right answer is to treat this as an embargo-less
               security problem.  Preparing a proper security patch for that
               probably involves fixing the error handling.
14:10 <Diziet> And that might take a week.
14:10 <Diziet> I'm really not keen on this "extra check" approach.
14:11 <Diziet> So I would go ahead with the release tomorrow.