Re: [Xen-devel] Problems when booting on OMAP5432 devboard

On Jul 1, 2013, at 9:03 PM, Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Huzzah!
>
> It certainly is important to use a DTB which accurately describes the
> exact hardware.
>
> I bet some RAM is carved out for video RAM or secure world use or
> something...

Aha, I've found the commit log of omap5-evm.dts's memory line:

ARM: dts: omap5-evm: Update available memory to 2032 MB

On OMAP5 to detect invalid/bad memory accesses, 16MB of DDR is used as a trap.
Hence available memory for linux OS is 2032 MB on boards populated with 2 GB
memory.

So I think we've finally got the cause.

Cheers,

Baozi.