Re: [Xen-devel] Dear, Mr.Stabellini. I have a question about xen PVHVM guest.

CC'ing xen-devel

On Sat, 29 Jun 2013, Stefano Stabellini wrote:
> Dear, Sir.
> My name is Younghyun Jo.
> And I am a master student at Seoul National University, Korea.
> And I also study on Virtualization and VM checkpointing.
>
> I have a problem with PVHVM guest.
> I installed xen-4.1.2 on my server. And I run a PVHVM guest on my LVM.
> The PVHVM guest is ubuntu-12.04.2-desktop.
>
> When I save a machine, It acts fine.
> But, When I restore that machine, It seems more slow. (I think this is may be
> cache problem)
> Serious thing is that the guest finally die after a while. (I couldn't find
> the answer)
>
> I do not know the reason why my guest die.
> (Actually, ubuntu-12.04.2-server will not die, it happens only for
> 12.04.2-desktop guest)
>
> Is it a known bug?

No, it is not.

> Or, is it a Xen version problem?

Xen 4.1 is old now, we are working on Xen 4.3, that is about to be
released. It might be worth trying to reproduce the bug on a newer Xen
version.

> I know you are a busy man. And my question seems to be interrupt for your
> work.
> But, Nobody can be helpful for me in Korea community and Google.

You could try to gather as many logs as possible from Xen and Linux.
For Linux add

earlyprintk=xenboot loglevel=9 debug

to the kernel command line.
For Xen add

guest_loglvl=all

to the Xen command line.

Please post the Xen serial output and the Linux kernel output of your
DomU.