Re: [Xen-devel] Xen branched for 4.4

On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 5:10 PM, Ian Jackson <Ian.Jackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The 4.3 tree is pretty firmly frozen now and we expect to be releasing
> it fairly soon.  In the meantime, to allow development work in Xen 4.4
> to start, we have branched.

Just so everyone's aware, "fairly soon" at this point is expected to
be next Tuesday, 9 July.  The main reason for the delay is for press
coverage: 4 July is a major holiday in the US, and so releasing
tomorrow, as originally scheduled, would have limited the press
uptake.  Branching now means this won't have an impact on 4.4
development.

Comments always welcome.

 -George