Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.2.2 / KVM / VirtualBox benchmark on Haswell

--On 9 July 2013 16:27:31 +0100 Lars Kurth <lars.kurth@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Not sure whether anyone has seen this:
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=intel_haswell_virtuali
zation

Some of the comments are interesting, but not really as negative as they
used to be. In any case, it may make sense to have a quick look

Last time I looked at the Phoronix benchmarks, they were using the default
disk caching with Xen and Qemu, and these were not identical. From memory
KVM was using writethrough and Xen was using no caching.

This one says "Xen and KVM virtualization were setup through virt-manager".
I don't know whether that evens things out, as I don't use it.

--
Alex Bligh