Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.3: x86 32 bit code removed or depreciated?

On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 12:28:18PM +0100, George Dunlap wrote:

> > Of course, I did look in the release notes which is where it *should be*
> > but IMHO those release notes look more like marketing spiel than anything
> > useful technically.
>
> I think that's a bit unfair.  The release notes page is 1/3 new
> features, 1/3 comment on the change to installing in /usr/local/ by
> default (technical) and 1/3 known issues, which are also very
> technical in nature.  Even the new features contain a lot of
> techinical links: how to switch to the old qemu if you have problems,
> how to use the new multiple USB device feature, and links to how to
> set up openvswitch on your system.
>
> I just added a comment about removing 32-bit x86 and ia64 code.  If
> you have other suggestions for what would be useful to include, feel
> free to suggest it.

I modified the wiki pages a bit aswell, and tried clarifying it's the
host/hypervisor supported that has been removed, and 32bit VMs are still
supported.

Should we have an explicit line for that on:
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_Release_Features ?

Someone might still read the current host info as "support for 32bit VMs has
been removed" .. which obviously isn't true.

-- Pasi