Re: [Xen-devel] Performance of Xen VCPU Scheduling

On 10/07/13 14:23, Dario Faggioli wrote:
On mer, 2013-07-10 at 14:00 +0100, Marcus Granado wrote:

While trying to understand why this increased performance is not present
in the default non-pinned state and if it would be possible to obtain
this extra performance in the default non-pinned dom0 configuration,
Matthew Portas and I evaluated lots of Xen 4.2 parameters and patches:

Just one point. This by any means make all this study/effort less
valuable (quite the contrary, actually), but, with George, we started to
discuss about bringing credit2 into a better shape and, at some point,
switch to it by default. It's unclear whether this could be done for
4.4, but still... So, do you have any numbers about it already?

Yes, I believe we have a couple of results for credit2, I'll put them on the page.

How hard
will it be to, at some point, perform the same measurements and analysis
with it?

Easy enough, all the measurements used automated tests to improve reproducibility. We would need a url with binaries or rpms as input, and the output is a set of graphs for analysis.

cheers,
Marcus