Re: [Xen-devel] RFC: Automatically making a PCI device assignable in the config file

On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 03:43:32PM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] RFC: Automatically making a
> PCI device assignable in the config file"):
> > On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 02:10:41PM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > > I think at the very least there should be the ability to have it as a
> > > global config option.
> >
> > Like the seatbelt option or perhaps a better name 'expert' in the
> > /etc/xl.conf?
>
> I was thinking "default.pci.seize" or something.

Why not combine this with the other - the one where you can call
'xl vpcu-set <guest> <huge number of VCPUs>' where the number of
VCPUs is greater than PCPUs. And if the 'expert' option is turned
on it will let you. If it is not, it will notify you about this
being a bad idea.

Which reminds me, I need to send a patch for that..