Re: [Xen-devel] Bug: Limitation of <=2GB RAM in domU persists with 4.3.0

On Wed, 24 Jul 2013 10:08:13 -0400, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 11:34:00PM +0100, Gordan Bobic wrote:
I just built 4.3.0 in order to get > 2GB of RAM in domU with GPU
passthrough without crashes. Unfortunately, the same crashes still
happen. Massive frame buffer corruption on domU before it locks up
solid. It seems the PCI memory stomp is still happening.

If you boot Xen with guest_loglvl=all

and then run the guest the consoel (xl dmesg) should also have
the output from QEMU - that will help in seeing how it constructs
the E820 (which was the problem last time).

I will gather this tonight - apologies, I forgot that I removed
the loglvl=all options from my boot config.

Are you also able to get the serial log from the guest? (IF this is
Linux?) I usually have this in my guest config:

serial='pty'

and when Linux boots up I add 'console=ttyS0,115200 loglevel=8 debug'
which will output everything to the 'xl console <guest> | tee /tmp/log'.

The intended guest is XP64. I will, however, get a Linux guest up
and running with the exact same domU config (apart from the disk
volume) for debugging this.

Gordan