Re: [Xen-devel] Question about upstream qemu and seabios on xen git

On Fri, 2013-07-26 at 16:17 +0200, Fabio Fantoni wrote:
> I continue to do periodical test of xen-unstable with latest stable
> and/or unstable upstream qemu and seabios version.
> Today for example I start to test qemu 1.5.1, no bugs found for now.
>
> I think is better to maintain updated upstream qemu and seabios also on
> xen gits while xen is not "code freeze".
> For xen develop/testing xen gits are mainly used, but on production the
> distributions will use latest stable qemu version (for example on debian
> experimental is releasing xen 4.3 and qemu is already 1.5.1 on debian
> unstable but xen 4.3 was freezed with qemu 1.3 and mainly tested with it).
> Therefore should be best to have all components early updated as possible.

I'm not entirely sure what you are suggesting but it sounds like you
simply want to pull upstream qemu and seabios for testing purposes? If
so then I think there is nothing wrong with pulling these directly from
their respective upstreams, so long as you clearly indicate this (and
the version being tested) in any bug reports.

Ian.