Re: [Xen-devel] XEN-4.3.0 tools-bugs [FLASK] [SEABIOS]

I'm the developer at gentoo for xen.   Reply was by Ian Campbell

< Yes, it seems that the install rule should gain an "$(INSTALL_DIR)
< $(DESTDIR)$(POLICY_LOADPATH)" at the start. COuld you send such a
< patch please. See http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Submitting_Xen_Patches for
< guidance if you need it.

I'll try and see mva does this, until then we do
use flask || sed -e "/SUBDIRS-y += flask/d" -i tools/Makefile || die

> > That jobserver issues makes buildsystem continue build process  at
> > installation phase.

> I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying that this issue means some
> stuff doesn't get built at "make build" time but only gets built at
> "make install" time? That would be very strange. I'm not sure it would
> necessarily be related to this jobserver thing.

Let me re-phrase here since what you can't understand is purely from
english being his second language.  From the build of seabios there
are 2 separate bugs or issues.  The first is a gcc warning
make[6]: warning: jobserver unavailable: using -j1.  Add `+' to parent

It comes from the build of seabios.  Being a warning it's relatively
trivial but it would be nice to clean it up. This;

-       XEN_TARGET_ARCH=x86_32 make -f blowfish.mk all
+       XEN_TARGET_ARCH=x86_32 $(MAKE) -f blowfish.mk all

is normally how we fix these jobserver -jx type warnings.  Substitute
the call to make with $(MAKE) but I've run out of them. Something else
is making this warning from I believe from a Makefile in
tools/firmware/seabios-dir-remote, or if not the parent Makefile has to
be tools/firmware/Makefile. I actually don't follow the statement about
continuing build at installation but I think from the log it's
triggered at the installation of seabios.

Number 2, the locale.  Python has an archille's heal in locale.  I
finally found a patch well a sed stmnt, to sort this and it's a
long one liner.

sed -e 's:$(MAKE) PYTHON=$(PYTHON) subdirs-$@:LC_ALL=C "$(MAKE)" \
PYTHON=$(PYTHON) subdirs-$@:' -i tools/firmware/Makefile || die

easy. Ian Campbell you hit this on the head really.

The initial post which is on-line @ \
http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2013-07/msg02501.html

kind regards

Ian Delaney