Re: [Xen-devel] Bug in usbdevices option handling when BusID=8

On 08/04/2013 12:08 PM, Gordan Bobic wrote:
Configuration: Xen 4.3.0, xl

I have been trying to pass USB mouse and keyboard through do a domU
using usbdevices = [] option. The success/failure seems to be related to
the bus.device option.

Specifically, in quemu log:

husb: open device 0.2
/dev/bus/usb/000/002: No such file or directory
Warning: could not add USB device host:008.002
husb: open device 6.2
husb: config #1 need -1
husb: 2 interfaces claimed for configuration 1
husb: grabbed usb device 6.2

In domU config:
usbdevice = [ 'host:008.002', 'host:006.002' ]

At a glance, this looks like something buggy happens when BusID=8. It
sees that the device is host:008.002, but then goes and tries to open
/dev/bus/usb/000/002 instead of /dev/bus/usb/008/002.

If I change the port where the device is connected and it gets a
different ID, and I change the config to:

usbdevice = [ 'host:003.002', 'host:006.002' ]

the log then says:

husb: open device 3.2
husb: config #1 need -1
husb: 1 interfaces claimed for configuration 1
husb: grabbed usb device 3.2
husb: open device 6.2
husb: config #1 need -1
husb: 2 interfaces claimed for configuration 1
husb: grabbed usb device 6.2

and both devices are availble in domU.

Bug?

There also appears to be a further bug in handling of usb devices. When I change the device to not be on bus 8, I get this for some devices:

husb: open device 3.2
husb: config #1 need -1
husb: 2 interfaces claimed for configuration 1
husb: grabbed usb device 3.2
husb: open device 4.2
husb: config #1 need -1
husb: 2 interfaces claimed for configuration 1
husb: grabbed usb device 4.2
usb_linux_update_endp_table: Invalid or incomplete multibyte or wide character

The device seems to get added (stops working in dom0), but then doesn't appear to work in domU, presumably due to the error line above.

Gordan