Re: [Xen-devel] [help] How to install xen with my own kernel on grub2?

On mer, 2013-07-31 at 18:03 +0800, Li Yechen wrote:

> The old way I create a domU is use "xm create". This way still works,
> but when I try the new xl command: "xl create", it ask me to stop xend
> first.
>
> We don't need xend anymore in Xen 4.2?

You need xend and will always do, _if_ you want to use 'xm create', and
'xm' in general.

OTOH, you not only do not need xend, but you actually need to
_get_rid_ot_it_ (stopping is enough), if you want to use xl.

When choosing, keep in mind that xend is being deprecated. It actually
was deprecated already in 4.2 and in 4.3, and won't probably be even
built in 4.4, so move fast to xl/libxl. :-D

Actually, having seen another e-mail from you (from yesterday, I think),
I guess you figured that out already, but still... :-)

Regards,
Dario